【BP Name】Beclometasone Pressurised Inhalation
【Generic Name】Beclometasone Dipropionate Inhalation Aerosol
【Composition】The active ingredient: Beclometasone Dipropionate
【Description】It is a clear and colourless to light yellow solution in a pressurised container equipped with a metered valve. The drug is sprayed out as a mist by actuation of the valve.
【Storage】Store below 30°C. Protect from frost and direct sunlight.
【Package】An inhaler comprising an aluminium canister sealed with a metering valve, actuator and dust cap, 1 canister per box.
【Shelf life】36 months
ACTIVE INGREDIENT NAME:
Anhydrous Beclometasone Dipropionate
FORMULA: C28H37ClO7 MOLECULAR
The active ingredient is Anhydrous Beclometasone Dipropionate, the other inactive ingredients are ethanol and 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane.
CHARACTER It is a clear and colourless to light yellow solution in a pressurised container equipped with a metered valve. The drug is sprayed out as a mist by actuation of the valve. INDICATIONS
It is indicated in the maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy in patients 5 years of age and older. It is also indicated for asthma patients who require systemic corticosteroid administration, where adding this product may reduce or eliminate the need for the systemic corticosteroids. Beclometasone dipropionate is NOT indicated for the relief of acute bronchospasm.
Physicians are advised to titrate the dose downward over time to the lowest level that maintains proper asthma control. The titration of the lowest dose should be conducted regularly. For patients who have received systemic administration of glucocorticoid, it is important thatthe asthma is well controlled before transferred to this product. Generally, start to reduce the dosage of systemic glucocorticoid after 7 days of the administration of this product, take oral Prednisone 10 mg/day as an example, gradually reduce in 1 mg at a interval of not less than 1 week to withdraw.
The use of this product should not be stopped abruptly, it should be gradually withdrawn.
Instructions for use:
1. Remove the cover from the mouthpiece and shake the inhaler well (See Figure 1).
2. Holding the inhaler as shown, breathe out gently (See Figure 2).
3. Place the mouthpiece in the mouth and close your lips around it. Start to breathe in slowly and deeply while press the inhaler firmly, to make the dry mist totally inhaled (See Figure 3).
4. Hold breath for 10 seconds before breathing out slowly, in order to make the drug exert its effectiveness fully (See Figure 4).
5. If you are to take a second inhalation, wait at least one minute before repeating steps 2, 3 and 4
For detailed information please refer to product leaflet.